Summer Arts Camp: 2023
DATE: Monday, June 26 to Friday, June 30th, 2023 – 9 AM to 4 PM
LOCATION: West Point Schools, 2700 Mattaponi Ave, West Point, VA 23181
CLICK HERE FOR CLASS DESCRIPTIONS & TEACHER BIOS
*Registration fee includes all supplies.
**Classes fill up quickly! Campers who have parents, grandparents, or legal guardians who live in the Arts Alive service areas of New Kent, King William, King and Queen, and West Point will have first priority.
DROP-OFF + PICK-UP:
- Camp will be held at the West Point Schools Complex. Campers should be dropped off each day at the entrance closest to the cafeteria located at 2700 Mattaponi Ave
- Check-in begins at 8:30 a.m. The first class begins promptly at 9:00 a.m. Please be on time.
- Campers will gather in the cafeteria to be escorted to class. Arrive at least 10 minutes before your first class.
- If your child is unable to attend or is out due to an illness, please contact the Coordinator as soon as possible.
- Pick-up is from 4:00-4:15 PM. Please pick up your child from the cafeteria at the end of the day located at 2700 Mattaponi Ave.
WHAT TO WEAR + BRING:
- Campers should dress comfortably each day and wear clothing appropriate for the class. Remember, art can be messy!
- Campers may be escorted outside during breaks so they may need to dress appropriately and wear sunscreen and/or insect repellent.
- There will be snack times in between classes
- Campers should bring a packed lunch, two small snacks, and a water bottle each day. Please do not pack soft drinks. Water, juice, and sports drinks are fine.
- Please do not bring any snacks that contain nuts. This is for the safety of campers who have severe allergies.
- Due to the busy nature of the activity we are sponsoring, Arts Alive cannot be responsible for administering medication to your child (with the exception of an emergency). If he or she has to have a prescribed dose of medicine during the camp, please make arrangements to be there.
- Cell phones and other personal devices are only allowed on-site during breaks and should not be used during class.